Garmin Striker plus 4

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I have a 2019 sea doo wake pro, and just purchased a Garmin Striker gps plus 4 fish finder to mount on it, just am confused wether I can mount my transducer inside my hull or is it better on the outside at the back ? either or where is a good place to mount it and what are ways to mount the transducer without drilling into the hull ?

I have the Garmin mounted on my 2007 Speedster. Its mounted inside of my hull. Just forward of my engine I used duct putty (as the mounting substance) to initially find the spot to mount it. I found out about duct putty by searching the forums here. After the third try to find the sweet spot I epoxied it in place. Work rather well up to 40 MPH.

I have the Garmin mounted on my 2007 Speedster. Its mounted inside of my hull. Just forward of my engine I used duct putty (as the mounting substance) to initially find the spot to mount it. I found out about duct putty by searching the forums here. After the third try to find the sweet spot I epoxied it in place. Work rather well up to 40 MPH.
what readings do you get and don't get and is it clear the picture and works well ?

IMG_0326.jpg

I've attached a pic from over the summer. The little icons of the fish are way cool. The picture of the bottom and all the junk on the bottom is very clear. I have never had a fish finder before and I'm amazed how clear the pictures are on the Striker 4. For me its also the perfect size for my dash. It works perfectly below 42ish mph. Above 42 or so the bottom kind of gets jumbled/washed-out and the depth stops/slows-down but the GPS speed still works. I figured, after some research here, that the bottom of my boat, at above 40 mph, where my transducer is mounted is at or near the water line, which, picks up turbulence causing the washed out readings. The duct putty is a great way to experiment with were to place it inside of the hull, I think the putty was 3 bucks at Home Depot. Search the forums here, there is a lot of info. I really like my Striker 4, I mean I really like it.

Do you have any photos of where your transducer is ? Thanks :)

I do not, next time I unwrap it I will take a pic. Its inside of the hull forward of the engine about a foot, about where my fuel tank starts. This is a speedster boat and not a ski.

Uncovered boat this weekend. It was glued down with epoxy, that's the white stuff, but I guess I did not get it clean enough or mix it correctly because it pulled up. So, I just put it back on with duct putty, works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back