Fuse management & replacements

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briancayko

I am looking as to what is best practice for keeping spare fuses on hand while out on the water. I’ve had our 2010 C210 twin 155’s for a little over 2 seasons & have never had a fuse problem, but in working through my add a battery system this winter it has me thinking about what happens if I blow a fuse out in the water & this what various fuses should I carry with me in the boat at all times?

Furthermore, is my fuse panel on the helm (pictured) intended to light up & indicate a blown fuse or are these fuses as well?

IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4808.JPG

Those aren't fuses under the helm, they're breakers. If they pop, you simply reset them. If they continue to pop, you need to figure out why and fix.

As for legitimate fuses, they're small and you should carry an assortment of the sizes and Amperage you currently have on your boat (based on your original comment about what to do if you blow a fuse while out on the water). A small, waterproof plastic box should be able to hold several spares for each fuse on your boat. They don't really take up much space.

Thanks JPass, I checked a few of the fuses to see what size & type & it looks like most are the “mini” type, would that be an accurate assumption or does anyone know for sure of other types for certain systems of the boat?Image1578542222.518687.jpg

I'm not positive they're all like that. I believe the vast majority in our boats are the minis, but I thought there were a couple of larger ones located in the boat as well??

Maybe someone else can confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back