fuel pump??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my first seadoo and all starting was good but no time to ride yet (2weeks). changed the spark plugs and didnt realize the gas was very low. it turned over in the yard one time and now nothing? I have tried to get it to run but nothing so i removed the filter dirty), cleaned it. tried starting but didnt see filter cup fill up? Does this thing have a pump? on a blow up pic on line i saw something called a fuel sender but with no part number. why doesnt the filter cup fill with gas as I try to start the thing?
Thanks,
George

Try this. Pull the spark plugs out, turn it over a few times to get the lines filled up. Put the plugs back on fire it up, may have to choke. :cheers:
Ryan

The fuel is filled entirely by the carbureter sucking on the line. If the filter isn't filling, it might not be getting a good seal, or the carb's pump might not be working right.

Your Doo is old enough that it might have gray fuel lines. If it does, the carb is likely all filled up with crud. The ethanol mix fuel eats the inside of the gray fuel lines and deposits it in all the filters and anywhere in between.

If you have gray fuel lines, replace all of them (search on here for Gray Fuel Line), and pull apart the carb and clean it out.

If you're careful, you can reuse the baffles/o-rings/seals in the carb, but if anything is damaged in there, a carb rebuild kit is only about 25 bucks.

I agree with mr Vlord:agree::agree:

Also, you should charge the bat OFF the doo.

If you don't there is a real high chance of messing up the 'lectronics.

And, DO NOT boost it with a running engine.

Same reason.

The 'lectronic system is not able to handle the voltage an ACTIVE alternator puts out.

N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back