Fuel Pump???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellofnitro

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like some help. I have two 2003 GTX 4tec I bought from my sister. They are in good condition. They were both sitting for about a year and a half with a visible inch of fuel in the tanks. Took them to fill up with premium fuel. went to start the first one and it took a few cranks it started and stalled a few times but finally got it going. The second one cranks but does not start. put new plugs in, they all spark, checked the fuses they are all good, still no start. I removed the plugs and sprayed engine start down all three cylinders. It started for a few seconds and stalled. Next step i removed the air intake and sprayed engine start into the throttle body and started it while spraying and IT STARTED!!...until i stopped spaying and then it stalled. Batteries are brand new and have plenty of voltage. So i am thinking fuel pump?? the gauges show full tank. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like some help. I have two 2003 GTX 4tec I bought from my sister. They are in good condition. They were both sitting for about a year and a half with a visible inch of fuel in the tanks. Took them to fill up with premium fuel. went to start the first one and it took a few cranks it started and stalled a few times but finally got it going. The second one cranks but does not start. put new plugs in, they all spark, checked the fuses they are all good, still no start. I removed the plugs and sprayed engine start down all three cylinders. It started for a few seconds and stalled. Next step i removed the air intake and sprayed engine start into the throttle body and started it while spraying and IT STARTED!!...until i stopped spaying and then it stalled. Batteries are brand new and have plenty of voltage. So i am thinking fuel pump?? the gauges show full tank. Thanks in advance for your help!

Check fuel rail and injectors.

Check fuel rail and injectors.
I was about to take the rail and injectors apart and decided to give it another shot at starting it and whata ya know....it started after a couple of cranks. what i think happened, if i'm not mistaken is that the fuel filter is at the bottom of the pump and the new fuel disolved the gummed up fuel on the filter and allowed fuel into the pump. it starts now with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back