Fuel Pump Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncg_34

I have a 03 DI ski and I think the fuel pump is on its way out. Obviously the OEM fuel pump is no longer available. I have heard about people utilizing an automotive fuel pump as a replacement. I did not know if anyone would have any insight on this topic.

Fuel SystemParts

I beileve there are two pumps recommended for the DI and one of them achieves better results so there is a preferred model. Local shops have installed replacement non-Seadoo pumps in the DI skis with success so there is hope. Do some research and post your findings. There are threads on this forum discussing the subject at length. Good Luck.

I see Bay Area Power Sports is selling a replacement pump on Ebay. It says it meets the requirements of the Seadoo DI and also the amperage draw. This is always a concern of mine if I need a fuel pump being able to get one that works. The link may not last but here it is.

DI Fuel Pump

There are VERY mixed reviews on non-OEM pumps. Several folks have had issues with Quantum pumps, even those "approved" for DI's. When I replaced mine, I bought a used OEM from westsidepowersports.com. Unsure if they have any at the moment.

As I have posted before, I went through a few aftermarket pumps in the past, can't remember if they were Quantum or what, but they never worked. Bit the bullet and just bought used pumps from westsidepowersports.com as well. There are even some available on eBay as well. I have 2 sitting on the top shelf in the garage just waiting for one I use to fail. Nothing has proven to be better than OEM.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back