Fuel line check valves

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoodle

I recently got a 1992 Seadoo GTS that would not start due to a bad Mpem unit. I replaced that, and I was able to get a spark. Now it's on to the fuel delivery. I wasn't able to suck in any gas so I decided to redo the entire fuel system. I found that the 2 lines inside the gas tank (from fuel baffle?) completely deteriorated and parts everywhere in the gas tank. I got all the parts out of the gas tank, and I found 2 check valves belonging to the deteriorated lines. I couldn't suck/blow through one, and the other one allowed air both ways. Do I need the replace both? Can 1/4 id tygon fuel line be used to replace the lines? Lastly, how long should the main and reserve lines be? Thanks

Those things in the bottom of the tank aren't check valves, they're just screen filters. You should be able to blow through them. Try spraying out the clogged one with carb cleaner or compressed air (or both). That is a very common issue with these skis. Those damn lines broke off on me when we had 3 people on it and rolled it over. Safe to say, it didn't start again. This was on a remote part of the lake on a weekday evening. We swam it back almost a mile before we got picked up... When you reassemble with new hose, remember that the ON hose must be a tad shorter than the RES one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back