Fuel Filter Bypass?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavman04

Hi guys, sorry if this has been answered already but I haven’t been able to find the thread for it.

this part pictured isn’t connected. I just (because of these forums!) replaced all fuel lines, rebuilt carbs, replaced oil lines under carbs, and replaced the in-line Fuel filter and fuel selector.

I showed The jet ski mechanic and he didn’t seem bothered by it not being hooked up. It ran fine like this before so I assume it’s fine. But I just wanted to check with y’all.

Edit: it has been disconnected since I got it, do I need to reconnect it?

Attachments

• CD963EB2-3DE3-4D21-A09A-5B2528DEF8BE.jpeg
    CD963EB2-3DE3-4D21-A09A-5B2528DEF8BE.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
It already had an in line fuel filter that I replaced with the one the forums suggested, and my question is whether I need to reconnect the factory fuel filter pictured or if I can keep it how it is. And yes this picture was taken before the lines were swapped out.

You need to get rid of whatever inline filter you are using and use the OEM fuel strainer. The aftermarket ones are known to starve the engine of fuel and are not water separators like the OEM.

As said above spend the $25 and get a new OEM one.

You need to get rid of whatever inline filter you are using and use the OEM fuel strainer. The aftermarket ones are known to starve the engine of fuel and are not water separators like the OEM.

As said above spend the $25 and get a new OEM one.

The factory filter is the only one you should be using. As said, it is also a water strainer which allows you to spin apart and remove the water picked up from the tank. I check my strainer almost every ride and clear it out if there is any water in it.

Be very careful to keep track of the black rubber seal that is on top of the transparent bowl. The filter screen element is held onto the black base by friction and slides right off so you can clean it.

Alright, I’m ordering now. Which fuel lines am I hooking up to it? The previous owner had it bypassed completely.
Btw this is a 96 sea doo spx.
Thanks guys!

I’m assuming I connect blue 1 to yellow 1 and B2 to Y2.

Attachments

• 5CFBCBC4-20A9-4B05-B024-66C216E8C06C.jpeg
    5CFBCBC4-20A9-4B05-B024-66C216E8C06C.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 19
It goes between the fuel selector and the carb.
Just to make sure, on the picture I just posted with the marked up fuel lines. Blue 1 with yellow 1 and blue 2 with yellow2?

Attachments

• 2BA0E74E-C3E2-4482-8AE2-E80DD489FCD4.jpeg
    2BA0E74E-C3E2-4482-8AE2-E80DD489FCD4.jpeg
    679.7 KB · Views: 19
The strainer has an in and out arrow on it. The line should come out of the middle fitting on the selector, into the strainer, out of the strainer and into the carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back