Footwells 1996 Seadoo GSX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyBreads

Hey guys! Recently acquired a rare bird 40 original hours and no issues did some easy maintenance like replacing the dreaded grey lines and battery it was sitting at a dealership without being sold for quite a while.
Now the real question.
The footwells are original but have that out of shape bumpiness to it. I really want to put some nice custom blacktip footwells in it but I want some ideas on keeping the originality of it, should I keep the footwells? Is there an exact oem replacement available? Or should I just say screw sitting on a stock classic and put in nice footwells?

So they look like Bacon? If you replace those you'll have to drill about 70 rivets out the patch all of the holes with a water resistant fiberglass or epoxy. Not a bad job. Just takes some time. With the old mats removed you can get in there and clean and compound the hull. I don't look at any of these skis being classic... I make them as nice as I can.

GTX DI MATT CHANNEL (1).JPEG

2003 GTX DI Mat  (7).JPEG

So they look like Bacon? If you replace those you'll have to drill about 70 rivets out the patch all of the holes with a water resistant fiberglass or epoxy. Not a bad job. Just takes some time. With the old mats removed you can get in there and clean and compound the hull. I don't look at any of these skis being classic... I make them as nice as I can.

View attachment 61882

View attachment 61883
That looks like a fence to keep horses in. Nice property and good job on the foot pads.đź‘Ť

View attachment 61882

View attachment 61883
Yes sir just like bacon! And you convinced me I think it’s an upgrade rather than the plastic feeling oem. Will post an update when I get enough money to replace the old ones :/ BOAT life amiright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back