Flywheel puller?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGO

I am removing the flywheel on my 96 SPX to replace the stator, I have a AutoZone puller that just doesn't want to pull it off, I heard these oem pullers work really well and make easy work pulling the flywheel off, Amazon.com: Sea-Doo Flywheel Puller XP/GSX/GTX/XP/Challenger/SPX/Sport LE/RX/LRV/RX /3D RFI/GTI 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005: Automotive, My question is will it fit and pull the flywheel of my seadoo 720, if not can someone drop a part umber with the correct one.

I prefer this kind.
610k6KoIn3S._AC_SY355_.jpg

The most important thing is to not thread the bolts into the flywheel too far or you will hit the stator coils and ruin them.

Last week I had the same issue on my 2000 GTI. I tried to get the flywheel off for many hours and it would not budge. I was told after you get the tension to its max then hit the large center thread with a hammer. So I did and It finally came loose. I'm a Newbe so I'm not sure if that's recommended but it's an option if you still can't get it loose.

Make sure you are pulling straight also.perfectly straight and like they said don't put bolts to far in will destroy stater windings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back