Flush fitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jiddiot

I was following my daughter (both on 1998 GS's) and saw that water was coming out of th flush fitting - is that normal/supposed to be happening?

I was following my daughter (both on 1998 GS's) and saw that water was coming out of th flush fitting - is that normal/supposed to be happening?

Yes, when you connect the hose to there you are back flushing. When nothing is connected there it is normal for water to flow out of that fitting.

Last edited:
Correct, it’s actually a calibrated fitting so don’t leave any flush adapters or plugs in it.

Correct, it’s actually a calibrated fitting so don’t leave any flush adapters or plugs in it.

He's referring to the hose connection at the hull plate, that's not a calibrated fitting. It's perfectly fine to leave a quick connect hose adapter on as long as it's not the type that would block flow when not connected.

He's referring to the hose connection at the hull plate, that's not a calibrated fitting. It's perfectly fine to leave a quick connect hose adapter on as long as it's not the type that would block flow when not connected.

I know exactly what fitting he is referring to and it is calibrated, hence why you don’t want to restrict the flow.

So without getting all technical let’s just say don’t restrict the outlet to less that 12mm to be safe and specific.

86986d3042c634fb7461a6478eacd481.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back