Fluffy Insulation Clogging Throttle Body

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drjj

2006 GTI goes fast, but won't slow down. I found this fluffy insulation in the throttle body, cleaned it out. It worked perfectly for a minute or two until the same thing happened again! I cleaned out more insulation. Is this insulation found anywhere within the intake system? Maybe a mouse got in there and made a nest? I used a leaf blower to clean out the intake on both ends, but I'm still concerned maybe there's more and I should bypass it and use an air filter. What's your opinion?

I bought this ski new, and has 415 hours. Mostly used for the Long Beach to Catalina crossing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220602_110452680.jpg
    IMG_20220602_110452680.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 6
Now that’s a coincidence, I swear I didn’t read this first. Definitely a mouse nest with some mouse poop thrown in.

Last edited:
Now that’s a coincidence, I swear I didn’t read this first. Definitely a mouse nest with some mouse poop thrown in.
I agree it's a mouse nest. I found other evidence of chewed items in the engine compartment. Found a dead mouse. I blew the air intake device on both ends with a leaf blower, but didn't get any more debris. Put it back together and it's working great! I feel lucky that the fluffy material did not clog an intake valve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back