Flooding carbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr40

97 Seadoo challenger 1800

Good morning guys,

I have motor that I suspect was hydrolocked. I was running the boat, came into shore to play. Three hours later I came back to wakeboard around and the port motor would not turn. I was able to get the drive shaft unstuck, and now the motor will not start. Compression was mag 135, pto 130. I pulled the carbs and rebuilt them. Still no start.

I swapped the carbs on the motors to check if i may be the carb itself. The other motor cranks fine. I also swapped fuel lines, ignition coils, everything seems to be be checking out fine on the other motor. I took it to my local shop to and he seems to believe that the pto carb is flooding.

A pressure check of the seat base o-ring, and the needle and seat itself will confirm or refute that pto carb flooding the crankcase with fuel as it sits.

There's definitely enough low pressure from the tank all the time from heat in your part of the country right now to make that happen if the fuel selector valve is left turned on and the seat base o-ring has failed or the needle and seat aren't sealing.

Should I check that on the other pto carb as well? I tried to rule out carb trouble by switching carbs from a running motor. Both sets of carbs run great on the working motor.

Should I check that on the other pto carb as well? I tried to rule out carb trouble by switching carbs from a running motor. Both sets of carbs run great on the working motor.

If I had it in for service all of them would be getting pressure tested, only way to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back