Fires but will not start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kchsn

My son was doing the usual goofing around, spinning 360 and such and it flipped over for tennth time. this time it would not start, it sputters but will not start. where do I start, I had yamaha 1200xlt, I just drained the water catch and we were off. It appears this 2005 3d does not have such a device.

just pull the spark plugs and make sur you ground the spark plug leads to the grounding posts then turn over the engine untill all water is out of the cylenders then spay in some seadoo lube and put the plugs back in and try it.

Actually, remove the spark plugs and palce them on the grounding studs. Use wd-40 to help dissipate the water and lube the cylinders. Seadoo lube is a oil based spray, but it won't fire or start on the lube. You need to get the water out so it won't corrode the internal engine parts asap.

Karl

Was the ski still running for a while upside down. If so you could have drawn water into the fuel tank. I dont rate the tank breather on these.
Mine had a lot of money spent on a fuel pump and fuel drained from the tank.
Because of sea water contamination.

As said above if its not that bad do the above. Oh and spark plugs dont last long.

take it to the dealer and let them rape u on the price to fix it lol

The purpose of the seadoo forum is to give constructive advise to fellow members, to help them resolve their problem. If you can offer some good advise your more than welcome to.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back