Fine out of water bogging in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmoore15559

I have a 2001 GTX DI I just recently replaced the exhaust pressure regulator. I was just on it and if I give it more than 1/4 throttle it would just bog out. But if I eased the throttle little by little I got to about 3/4 throttle and was only doing about 15mph. When I took it out of the water ran great and ran great on the hose. Any ideas what it could be?

Check compression. How does it start in water vs out of water?

Ran alright out of water. Before I went out I ran it on the house for about a half hour because I went the day before and figured the carb was gummed up from sitting all winter. It stalled once but other than that ran fine. Put it in the water started up if I gave it too much throttle just stalled. So I let it idle for 5 minutes and stalled and would not start. I took it out of the water and started right up.

I just got a 2000 gtx di...i agree, check compression first, tgen fuel pressure, then air pressure. I was told they are finicky when it comes to the fuel and air pressures, if not high enough then they won't run right. My issue ended up being the air injectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back