Finally on the lake! Our 4th anniversary

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerdad

So I always get the Friday before memorial day off from work. 4 years ago, my wife and I took our skis to the local lake for the first time. So it has become a tradition. Just the two of us spending a little cruising time together. So yesterday it FINALLY stopped raining. We have had several inches of rain over the last few weeks. But the sun was out and we loaded up. Then I tried to start Shamu, and it seemed like the battery was bad. But I had just put a brand new one in her. I tried some tests and isolated it to the starter. So into the garage the trailer went. About an hour later, I had the new starter in and it was running. So off to the lake we went for a flawless ride. I didn't take any riding pix, but here is a picture where we chilled for a while.

I did some speed runs and the GSX hit 55.7 GPS and the GTX hit 50.1. I think Smamu's finger throttle needs to be adjusted a little. When I got home I pulled the starter apart and found this.

The little copper balls on the bench are actually from the armature! At first I thought they were bearings, but they were melted bits of copper. I guess the brushes wore out, and then the strips shorted out and melted! I guess there is no rebuilding this one. Bummer. Hope my spare lasts a while.

Anyway, happy Memorial Day. Be Safe, and remember the Veterans and soldiers that have made this country so great!

That starter is toast! Buy a crappie starter from eBay. Original denso thought and pull the armature to make one good one. Oh and throw in a brush set will ya!

Nice pic Wow, that starter armature is really toast Good thing it didn't wait to fail out on the water. Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend! I'm off to the lake this morning for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back