Fault P1681 instruments not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a 2006 GTX LTD with fault code P1681 instrument cluster not registering ,I have check all fuses ok I have 12.7 volts on the connector going to the panel has any one else had this also ski will not start I am thinking it is something related to instruments thank you for your help

Even a battery with the correct voltage may not be producing the correct amperage. Your first step would be to pull the battery and have it tested against its CCA rating.

I've seen the 1681 code on both of my skis all the time. My skis are 1st year 4-tecs, and I've read in the manual that the 1681 code can appear when the information center can't keep up with the data transfer rate of the MPEM. However, this code never prevented the ski from starting.

In the spring of 2018, one of my information centers was dead, but the ski would start. I was getting false DTCs too. I ended up replacing the part at a cost of $602.00. There are steps in the service manual to perform before you replace the information center, but it sounds like you've performed them ... check battery, check fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back