Extended warranty on a new ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverrules

About to purchase a new ski. Any preference between B.E.S.T vs Aegis insurance for the extended coverage? Cost diff is only $100

One thing to keep in mind.. are you looking to modify your ski at all? Certain mods will void the extended warranties.

"Ride, Bowly ride" John Wayne El Dorado.

Read policy. The 100 dollar extra might be the better policy. Call up both companies and ask.
Keep good notes. Make them fight for why they are better than the other guys.

Pretty simple, really. In 2016 when I bought my 2016 GT 215, I was told the only way to screw-up the warranty was 1. Not take it in for service at the appropriate intervals and 2. Adding anything aftermarket. ANYTHING.

So I'm keeping my ski all original for two years. Then going nuts on it.

Fair trade off to enure my ski is in good condition before I start modding her.

Went with Western services. $800 for 4 extra year and zero deductible so I'm good until 2021. Not planning on any mod for now.

Pretty simple, really. In 2016 when I bought my 2016 GT 215, I was told the only way to screw-up the warranty was 1. Not take it in for service at the appropriate intervals and 2. Adding anything aftermarket. ANYTHING.

So I'm keeping my ski all original for two years. Then going nuts on it.

Fair trade off to enure my ski is in good condition before I start modding her.
Did you go with the BEST warranty extension? Do you know if your warranty covers the supercharger?
Thank you!
Mike

One thing to keep in mind.. are you looking to modify your ski at all? Certain mods will void the extended warranties.
Do you think the BEST extended warranty is the best one to buy? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy BEST. Do you know if the BEST warranty covers the supercharger?
Thank you very much!
Mike

Officially, no MOD will void a warranty. Under federal law it MUST be proven that the modification you did caused the failure itself. If this can be done, then yes, that PART of the warranty is no longer a covered item.

I wont this battle in court. Every state in the US is covered by this requirement..

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back