Engine ID help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shucky

Hi all,
Just looking to make sure I'm correct.
Is this a 587 Engine?
It's a 91 sea doo.
The 2 pics are the tag.

Attachments

• 0520181317a.jpg
    0520181317a.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 0520181317.jpg
    0520181317.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 21
That’s the original yellow 580. The white ones are better but I don’t remember the specifics.

I could be wrong but I believe the white ones have 2 carbs, this yellow one has 1
Nope, white ones were single carb too.

This is from WFO Speedracer, "Okay the crankshafts are the same,the pistons are the same,the cylinder liners are the same,the starters are the same.The yellow engine runs water through the cases ,the white engine does not,the exhaust manifolds are different because of this.The yellow engine has a less complex elect. system and uses a dual coil stator assy with no MPEM,it has a seperate cdi box and rev limiter and the coil is just a coil.The 93 xp uses basically the same system and other than some plugs the parts are interchangable.Th white engine uses a single coil stator and an MPEM which also contains the rev limiter,the coil and cdi are one unit.The flywheels do not interchange because of timing differences between the two stators.You can however tap the bolt holes on the white engine and install the yellow motor front cover and use the yellow engine elect system to do a conversion. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back