Engine compartment foam

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwinn3

Hey everyone,
I have a 2003 utopia 205 that needs new foam on the inside of the engine compartment. I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs recently and have a lead on where to purchase it. Thanks in advance!

I actually just did mine the other day. I used 2 different kinds of material below and cut to fit. Just make sure you clean and prep as well as you can for the adhesive to stick well.

I used this this sound deadening for the first layer and then this heatshielding as the heat second layer.

I am not sure if the sound deadening will hold up to the heat which is why i added the second layer but i had enough material to cover all 3 panels completely with some to spare.

Unfortunately the boat is all wrapped up or i would have taken pics.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! The second link your provided went to a tool. What did you use for that barrier?

I would be careful with that since it doesn't have a temperature rating on it. I would stick with something rated for over 200 degrees. Another thing to consider is making sure it comes with an adhesive on it so that you dont have to worry about adding any.

Here is another one i found on Amazon. The seller states it can withstand 150c or 302f temperature wise. 36ft is a bit more than you need but it would be better than being short like i was and having to piece parts together with the 22sqft i had.

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-16-36...oofing+Deadener+Ma&qid=1589816194&sr=8-2&th=1

I re-did mine with the reflectix a couple of weeks ago. Used around half the the 24" width roll. Might go back and do a 2nd layer. I did overlap it on the top cover because it wasn't quite wide enough, so it's almost fully doubled there. I used 3M 90 adhesive to attach it. So far, so good. I THINK it's a little quieter, but the last time I was on the water prior was last year. My son thinks it's better, and I seem to be able to hear the radio better while cruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back