Engine cleaning after salt use

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Newbie. Just took a day on the saltwater with the Spark. Instinct is to gently rinse engine compartment, but as I went to do that it occurred to me that I will never get that dried out, with the foam blocks and tight compartment. What do you all do for the engine area after salt use. It seems amazingly sealed, and I didn’t submerge. Is it possible I actually don’t need to do anything in there if it stayed dry? I would be happily surprised if that were the case. Thanks

The best method is to flush the engine and rinse everything with a salt neutralizer like Salt-Away.

Then spray the engine with a protectant like the seadoo spray and let the compartment air dry for a couple days with it open.

Perfect, that’s what I thought, just looked at that small opening and the foam blocks in there and second guessed it. Appreciate the help.

There are many simple ways that can be used for cleaning your jet skies. Any beginner can actually clean and maintain good condition of their jet ski. Here are some of best tips to maintain good care for your PWC

These are some important tools required to clean jet skis –

• A good quality sponge that does not scratch the body.
  • Chamois to avoid leaving behind the streaks of the jet ski.
  • Marine wax to give a shiny new look.
  • The correct soap for cleaning the jet ski.
On average, none of the cleaning products for jet skis are expensive. In fact, cleaning products can uplift the resale price of your watercraft exorbitantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back