Engine check and codes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tredye

I have a 2008 seadoo challenger 180 and replaced a bad bilge pump and now went to start it and nothing ,throws a engine check and three codes 1656,P0600,P1611,tried to disconnect the battery for a few minutes it won't clear the codes ,can any one help?

You can do a Google search to find these codes. PO1656 is DESS post shorted to GND. PO0600 is a communication error and is common when using the Candoo Pro scanner and is an not really a fault. PO1611 P+ Test of ISC output signal failed. First off how did you get these codes from your boat? If you dont have a scan tool sounds like you need one as that is the only way to clear active faults when troubleshooting. I'll take a guess, it's only a guess, and say you have a faultly VCM or ECM or you have corrosion in the wiring or connectors in the boat. I would clean all the connectors first.

P1656 - DESS line shorted to ground
P0600 - CAN communication problem detected by EMS or MPEM
P1611 - P+ Test of ISC output signal failed

Since you have multiple mostly unrelated codes, I would start with the basics. Charge, test and/or swap the battery. Check all the fuses. Check for disconnected or loose electrical connectors, especially in the area you were working in. Check the battery connections. Check the ground connections on the engine block, they are on the front near where you were working.

Ok I will check it out tomorrow ,how much is a scan tool and were can I find the rite one to clear the codes if I find out what is causing it

I have checked everything ,all accessories work ,took the leads off the battery overnight ,still the engine check and the 3 codes ,put in the lanyard and it did it's beep and still nothing when I hit the starter ,engine check still comming on and still the 3 codes ,sure would like to take it out to burn fuel off!! So do I need to go to the dealer?

Battery was low,so charging it now ,had a battery tender on it must be bad ,because it's a brand new batty and it as just charged up last week when I put it in and now its low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back