Electrical issues on SPX 98

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardilla

Hi All,

I will need some help and good tips has my fuel gauge, the oil light, beeper buzzer and VTS are not working on my "new" spx 98. Engine is starting but a lot of electrical issues all around!

For the VTS i have the impression that the module is burn as the fuse is fine and electrical motor looks very clean and no water into box.

How i should solve the fuel gauge and oil light? even no light or sound when connecting the key.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Any chance to help me with below points:

Related to my VTS if the fuse it OK but I heard nothing (no click) and no movement can I consider the module broken or there is other possibilities?

For the fuel gauge if there is not movement and the oil light is also not working when connecting the key, it should be related with the fuel baffle fuse??

Finally the beeper is not working at anytime but engine start so most probably beeper is also out of service inst it?

I would like to understand if these problems are not related to each other or could be that MPEM is affecting them!

Thanks

Related to my VTS if the fuse it OK but I heard nothing (no click) and no movement can I consider the module broken or there is other possibilities?

I haven't experienced a failure on the VTS yet on my GSX, but I'd say check out the module being a problem.
Did water leak into it?

For the fuel gauge if there is not movement and the oil light is also not working when connecting the key, it should be related with the fuel baffle fuse??

I'm not sure about the oil light not coming on when you connect the lanyard or key. On the fuel reading if you're getting no read out, it's common the float may have dropped out the baffle, or the float doesn't float, or the fuse in baffle has popped. Pull the baffle and have a look, you can ohm it with a multi meter before re installing.

Finally the beeper is not working at anytime but engine start so most probably beeper is also out of service inst it?

Yes, it's common for them to fail, on both of my skis they were out or intermittent, I've had good luck wiring in a Radio Shack beeper replacement 273-0068. But the OEM replacement is the Floyd Bell beeper or you can look on ebay for used and new.

Regarding your VTS modual it is most likely toast. I would recommend getting the "trim fix" its 100 bucks. Just google trim fix and you'll find it.

Thanks for the reply for the trim it is very strange as no water leak.

for fuel baffle I will checkthis weekend and looking for a beeeper on eBay.

last doubt is the oil light as it is not present at any moment and I was thinking that the fuel baffle could affect it??! Any relation on fuel gauge fuel baffle fuse and oil light?

thanks
FC

Remove your VTS motor and bench test it. If the motor operates, your module needs replaced or you need to install the Trim Fix.

Hi all

I spend Saturday morning in the garage

TRIM: I tested the motor and it is working properly. Regarding the module I heard a click sound when pushing up and down but the motor was not moving. Then I added the fuse in the electrical box (I removed it previous time) and then nothing happen: the click sound disappear and the motor was not moving at any moment but the fuse is not burn... on the other hand the VTS gauge is not moving at any step.
VTS gauge could create a trouble? The fuse for the trim is in the rear electrical box isn’t it? It is possible to move the trim without engine started? thanks for the helps and tips

Regarding the fuel gauge and red oil light I plugged a working fuel baffle (tested on a gtx 96) but the oil light still without lighting and the fuel gauge is not moving at all. Both fuses in the front electrical box are good so how to know if the gauge is out or it is signal that is coming?

Only positive point is that the buzzer start to make some small noises and finally woks great.

Thanks in advance

Your VTS unit is most likely shot, google "the trim fix" it is a separate unit that you can wire in to bypass the VTS without having to remove it.

Regarding your fuel gauge, google "seadoo F1 fuse repair" there is tons of info on how to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back