Electrical issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary pope

OK, I just got back from picking up yet another 94XP with the 657X motor in it. I was told they had it running two days ago and while it was running they took the yellow wire that is coming out of the stator box and touched it to the terminal on the battery and they heard a pop and the motor died.
Does anybody have any suggestions on where to start to see what they did?

Not really sure why or how they could have done that but assuming they did you are going to have to get the manual and test all the electrical components as it could be anything.

I would start with the stator as that is what the yellow wires connect to.

They said that they heard a pop in the CDI box, replaced blown fuse, and it popped the fuse again so it keeps popping the fuses

OK, I just put a battery in it it was turning over slow, with a new battery and then it all of a sudden decided to catch turnover normal speed and start I let it run for 10 or 15 seconds and then it just died and start a turnover slow again. I checked the vote of the battery in the battery says 12 1/2 V so it’s not the battery, what else could be going on?

I would see if it turns over easy by hand or if there is a tight spot.

If it isn't mechanical but electrical then you really are on your own. You are just going to have to use the manual and start testing components one at a time. When they shorted the stator wires to the battery who knows what it damaged.

Yeah I took the cover off the fly wheel and you could spin it by hand there’s no really hard spots to cause it to drop down to barely turning over

Another thing is I put a fresh battery in it, I just got home from work it fired right up at 12 1/2 V ran for maybe 10 seconds and then died. I had my multi meter hooked up to the battery the whole time and it read 12 1/2 V up until the time it died, when it died the multimeter started going crazy flashing in blinking and then the Jetske shut off, and then it went back to reading 12 1/2 V

I just got done pulling the stator cover Off and lo and behold some wire dropped out

Attachments

• 6D04BE77-AA4A-4BFA-9A29-62036C051527.jpeg
    6D04BE77-AA4A-4BFA-9A29-62036C051527.jpeg
    849.4 KB · Views: 8
The funny thing is when I took the stator out, I noticed that there was tgem 5 wires coming from it along with another single yellow fir a total of 6...never seen such a thing.

Attachments

• DE8F7C5D-BCBC-4407-9029-0C1CC77C03B6.jpeg
    DE8F7C5D-BCBC-4407-9029-0C1CC77C03B6.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 8
  • BA41E4E8-B886-4801-B6F2-B927E379AF27.jpeg
    BA41E4E8-B886-4801-B6F2-B927E379AF27.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
I just got done changing the stator And it starts fine and runs fine, at least it seems to on the trailer. But when I hook my multimeter up to it while it is running the numbers jump all over the place. What does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back