ECM Swap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asrich

I have a 2008 GTX 155 that has an intermittent no power/no start issue. I put the key on the post and nothing happens. Main relay does not switch on. Battery is good. Wait about 10 minutes and the ski starts, but will cut out after a bit And will not power up for about 10 minutes. I can put the key on and pull it off many times and the Skit will power up. Then, after maybe about 12 times, nothing. Dead again. I have gone through all the troubleshooting in the shop manual. Tested the wiring, the main relay, the diode and the post. I even replaced the post. That did not work. I am down to thinking it is the ECM.

I have an identical 2008 GTX 155, one HUN off. I would like to take the ECM off the working ski and place it on the trouble ski to see if the problem goes away. I have the Candoo home license, so I know that I can marry the cluster and the ECM. But if it turns out it is not the ECM, will I be able to put the swapped ECM back onto the good ski and remarry it to its original cluster? Also, I know that with the Home license I cannot change the VIN number. Will that be an issue? Is there anything I am not thinking of that can cause me more trouble than this is worth?

thank you,

andy

Yes, you can remarry the cluster back to the original ECU, no problem.

Sounds like a bad connection. I've seen many bad connections on the relay on the fuse panel that do exactly what yours is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back