Driveshaft slipping

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joakimeg

Hello,

I bought a seadoo gtx 2004 with some driveshaft issues. The thing is that it is slipping at high speeds/rpm. The shaft teeths on the impeller side has worn a lot and need replacing. The one thing I do not understand though is that it seems like the shaft is not reaching far enough into the impeller, so the teeths are not fully in use.
Anyone know what the issue can be?
PS: Just answer if you did not understand and I will try to explain better.

You need to provide pictures. I understand what you are describing, but can't see it occuring on the seadoo unless someone really botched a repair and installed the incorrect shaft or wrong install on the carbon seal.

Is the ski taking on water???

The support ring was completely rusted stuck and had to cut it off.
Here is a pic of the axel. I bet the carbon seal and stuff haven´t been replaced in years.
The ski has a little leak yes between the pump support and hull
20180606_174234.jpg

At a minimum you need to replace the shaft with a new carbon seal kit. Likely the splines in the impellor are also damaged requiring its replacement.

Yes, I know that. What I am trying to figure out is that it seems like the shaft doesn't go far enough into the impeller.

I've heard of people inserting dimes to get the splines to bite more... but I don't know if that would work for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back