Draining Oil Tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLars

I've searched and have found nothing about actually removing the plug on the bottom of the tank. I bought a cheap siphon from the local hardware store and it never worked and started leaking so I returned it. Is there a way I can just pull the hose off the bottom of the tank? Or is there a way I can unscrew the black thing the hose is attached to? If I pull the hoses how do I cut the tiny ziptie without cutting the hose? Just trying to drain out this unknown 6 year old oil.

Best $7 you'll ever spend. I've pumped, oil, gas, and lacquer thinner through this pump. It never lets me down. They regularly go on sale for $4 or $5. Hit you local Harbor Freight. Popping the line is just messy, but the easiest. Just use a pair of side cutters and clip the nub on the cable tie.

http://www.harborfreight.com/multi-use-transfer-pump-66418.html

Don't have a local harbor? Try your local autoparts store they probably have it for $20--same pump.

Or if you like shopping the interwebs in your under britches
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Use-T...61772048?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item2c8e0cea10

288.jpg

Yep, same one. LOL, why invest in better hose, it's a throw away pump at $13. Take the reviews with a grain of salt, some might not know which end of the hammer to hold. I still use the original hose that came with it and I put gas and lacquer thinner through it. It drips a little but I set my standards really low but it rocks for what it is. Put the hose in hot tap water and just work the kinks out. I just used it right from the packaging, but it cost me a 1/4 of the price from what BLowes is charging. You could just buy some 3/8 ID vinyl tubing from BLowes and just put a catch can on the ground and do the suck on the line deal until the oil starts to flow and let the siphon action do it's job.

Thanks racer. Picked up that pump and it worked great! Will be draining the gas next weekend

Oh and also I'll be doing the fuel and oil filters next weekend. To prime the pump after replacing the oil filter will I need to remove the airbox? And where is the starboard engine fuel filter? I can only see the port side one.

Follow the fuel lines from the fuel baffle, that will get you to the filter. It might be easier to remove it just so you can find the oil pump arm easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back