Does anyone make an aftermarket fresh water cooling kit for these boats?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyX

I just about have our Challenger restored. the boat is in such great shape with low hours, I have been trying to be selective where we put it in. so far we have only had it in fresh water lakes. the problem here is that we own a home that sits on a salt water inlet and we would really like to use it there and park it in the lift behind the house.

I think an aftermarket closed loop cooling kit would be just the ticket. if there isn't one commercially available, has anyone at least successfully put a kit together and ran it?

I have been researching individual parts. obviously, a pump(s), hoses, and a heat exchanger(s) are needed. I'm not that familiar with the system and routing for hoses. probably the best thing to do would be to find a later model equipped with this type of system and copy it to the extent possible.

any expertise or input would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, doesn’t exist. And even the closed loop cooling 4 strokes still use raw water to cool the exhaust.

Fresh water cooling, just means you aren't in salt water. (LOL)

To my knowledge... no one makes it... and no one has bothered converting one. Why would you want to complicate this engine like that? I personally think it's a silly concept to go "Closed Loop" since you still pump water into the exhaust. SO... it's really only partly closed loop and it just adds a bunch of extra parts... more weight... and more things to have to service. (like the pump, heat exchanger, and make sure you have coolant)

I grew up in SoCal, and ran my skis in the ocean all the time. Never had an issue with salt corrosion. Just keep them clean, and flushed. When in fresh water... just don't run in the shallows (mud/sand) and fill the engine with junk.

As the good Dr. said, just enjoy your boat. Flush and wash with Salt Away spray with something like WD-40, fog the engine and it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back