Do dealers bargain with new skis?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

soccerdad

Looking to buy a couple of new GTIs. Do dealers ever lower the MSRP? Or is trying to deal with them a waste of time? Thinking Covid has created a sellers market. Maybe I can get them to throw in a cover or two.

It is always good to try and bargain and there is no reason not to try and play hardball with them.
Just keep in mind this year supply is down and demand is up but this is the best time to get a deal when the season is over and dealers are sitting on inventory.

Looking to buy a couple of new GTIs. Do dealers ever lower the MSRP? Or is trying to deal with them a waste of time? Thinking Covid has created a sellers market. Maybe I can get them to throw in a cover or two.
All I could get when I bought my new Yamaha PWC two years ago was a cover. I did get a small discount on the trailer.

Talked to the local dealer and they don't "deal". But the price includes a cover, tank of fuel and they register it for the first year. At least they don't add extra fees and a price premium like some do. Had a good conversation with the sales manager. They put in their order in the fall and that is all they get. No reorder and they get them when they get them. At the moment they only have 3 skis and one is sold. They have 148 on order. That is a bunch of skis. You put a refundable deposit down and when your ski comes in, you can refuse it and get your money back or pay for it. And then they will hold it until you are ready for it (in case it is still winter and you don't want to winterize it).

I think that's all they have to offer. I haven't heard getting anything more than the cover and what's mentioned: fuel and registration.

Boat and watercraft sales were up nearly 50% this year, so our dealer/shop is not negotiating at all. Not saying you won't be able to get them to come down a little, but with sales up, dealers are not looking to negotiate right now.

Back