Disabling oil injection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodyhammer

logo.png
116816.jpg
performace_parts.jpg seadoo_manuals.jpg seadoo_parts.jpg

Welcome to SeaDoo Forum!​

StarMark unreadLeave
[ATTACH=full]55969[/ATTACH]

hfgreg

Administrator​

Staff member

ADMINISTRATOR

Jul 29, 2021
Thank you for signing up for the largest SeaDoo Forum on the internet. If you need anything please feel free to reach out to me. If you need expert help and access to thousands of manuals please check out our premium subscriptions. While there is a cost associated with premium accounts the money used helps run the forums.

Thank you and again, welcome!
Greg

Like Reply
[ATTACH=full]55970[/ATTACH]

Bodyhammer

Member​

Yesterday at 8:51 PM
Hi, thanks for the welcome. Well my son bought a 95 XP. It kept shutting down after he'd ride for a short time. I did a compression check and and got a 30 pound difference between mag and pto. The high was 130 so I took it apart and both sets of ring were stuck. It had wise I pistons that were kind of beat though I've salvaged worse. So I put a WSM piston kit in. Seem like really quality parts. So I lake test on it and the pisser is just dribbling. Hmm...Seem to really be running on the hot side. So I check to the cooling lines and everything seems good. So I decided to pull the pump. The wear ring was pretty hammered and there was no pump seal. Maybe this will help matters. So I go for lake test#2 and we have water pressure; yaaay. Still seems like she's running a bit hot. 15 minutes on the water it shuts down. What the////. I get home and realize the the oil pump has been disabled. Oops, my bad. No I have not been pre mixing.... So do ya think I should assume the guy did the disconnect right ?? The last owner didn't tell my son to premix so I suppose we should now assume nobody knew what they were doing. Back to the drawing board. I'm hoping to get away with another set of rings but we'll see. To disconnect the oil pump correctly u have to remove the plastic gear right?. I haven't worked on a sea Doo for about 20 years

[ATTACH=full]55971[/ATTACH]

hfgreg

Administrator​

Staff member

ADMINISTRATOR

Today at 10:36 AM
Hi there! Please create a trouble shooting thread.

Like Reply
[ATTACH=full]55972[/ATTACH]

Bodyhammer

Member​

Today at 5:49 PM
Ok how do I do that? I would say my post has to do with overheating issues and or oil injection disconnection and the steps to accomplish that

BoldItalicMore options…

Insert linkInsert imageMore options…
UndoMore options…
Preview

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
SmiliesQuoteMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCode
RedoToggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Write your reply...

pwcmuscle.gif

Conversation info​

Participants2Replies3Last reply dateToday at 5:49 PMLast reply fromBodyhammer

Conversation participants​

1. [ATTACH=full]55974[/ATTACH]
    Bodyhammer
  2. [ATTACH=full]55975[/ATTACH]
    hfgreg
    Administrator
Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2021 XenForo Ltd.

Yes you remove the gear but if you have the pump there’s no reason to remove the oil injection and you still have to supply oil to the rotary valve anyway.

if you ran it without oil the top end is shot. Also you can’t just throw in new pistons as the bores wear also so piston clearance will be out of spec. You really need to have the cylinders measured and likely bored for oversized pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back