Dewinterizing Seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorM

Hey everyone,

In a month or so it will be warm enough to take out the Seadoo. It’s been fully winterized and stored in my garage all winter.

I tried to search on how to properly dewinterize my Seadoo when the time comes. I found some information mostly regarding 4-strokes, but I have a 2-stroke. My biggest question is how do I get the antifreeze out of the engine? (I followed the service manual of my 2001 Seadoo GTX Carb to winterize). The manual had me disconnect some hoses and pour marine/rv antifreeze into a hose that goes to the engine. Do I just start the engine up and the antifreeze drains?

Other tips for dewinterizing my Seadoo is welcomed!

Hey everyone,

In a month or so it will be warm enough to take out the Seadoo. It’s been fully winterized and stored in my garage all winter.

I tried to search on how to properly dewinterize my Seadoo when the time comes. I found some information mostly regarding 4-strokes, but I have a 2-stroke. My biggest question is how do I get the antifreeze out of the engine? (I followed the service manual of my 2001 Seadoo GTX Carb to winterize). The manual had me disconnect some hoses and pour marine/rv antifreeze into a hose that goes to the engine. Do I just start the engine up and the antifreeze drains?

Lets see, I'd charge the battery then install/connect, pour in fresh gas if not topped off prior to winterizing, check plugs or replace with new ones, choke/prime then start it. Verify oil level and any leaks that may have occurred while winterized. Connect the hose after starting to flush out, verify everything is flowing well. Turn off hose, blip throttle a few times, shut off. Tow to lake and go have fun.

Don't change the spark plugs until after you flush it and clear out the fogging oil.

Chester

Sorry I should have mentioned that I have done a full winterization in the seadoo.

-Antifreeze
-Fogged
-Full tank of gas + STABIL Marine 360
-Full oil tank
-Oil filter changed
-Fluid Film/Corrison Sprayed
-Spark Plugs cleaned
-Battery removed and charged/tendered
-ShopVac water out of water box/exhaust
-Cleaned all electrical connections with Electrical Contact Spray to get rid of any corrison and moisture.
-Washed entire interior of hull/engine bay
-Washed/Waxed exterior
-Stored in garage with seat partially off for ventilation.

I was just unsure on how to dewinterize the Seadoo most specifically how to remove the antifreeze. From what I understand I start the Seadoo up then flush and replace spark plugs then I’m ready to ride sounds easy enough! Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Just start it.
Make sure there's no air bubbles in the oil line from when you replaced the in line oil filter.

And in a month or so? You must be out yo' mind.

Yes,
Make sure you start the ski and have it idling before you turn on your flush water then turn off the water while the ski is still running then turn off the ski last.

I always put in a new set of spark plugs at the start of the season. Also there is no reason to put new plugs in for winterization.

On a final note whey you start the ski up dry and rev it up it will blow out 90% or more of the RV antifreeze. The remaining 10% will cause no issues if they actually used RV antifreeze as it is non-toxic and such a small amount will not hurt anything. But to go absolutely green flushing it with fresh water in the driveway will protect your lakes.

Just start it.
Make sure there's no air bubbles in the oil line from when you replaced the in line oil filter.

And in a month or so? You must be out yo' mind.

I replaced the oil filter by using hose clamps to clamp the line from the oil tank and the one going to the oil pump I also bleed the oil pump. I plan to bleed the oil pump again to double check oil is actually flowing through the new filter.

Haha also I know it’s going to be longer than a month before it gets warm I just have wishful thinking! I wanna ride my Seadoo I’m sick of winter!

Hey everyone,

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back