DESS no beep, no lights, no gauges nothing,

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TowerDog

96 GTX 787, put a new motor in from SES but have no power when putting DESS key on. Checked all connections, changed ground wire from (-) battery post to block (On starter bolt), ground wire from rear electrical box is connected inside the box and at the battery. Cleaned all connections, no corrosion. Checked all wiring from DESS post to MPEM. Inside the MPEM is like the day it was installed, no corrosion, no dirt nothing. Grounded MPEM post in the front electrical box to the block. Changed all fuses front and back, Did an OHM test on the post itself, on the post and outter ring, I was getting about 3 OHMS, then tested the plug, no continuity between the black and black yellow wires but when doing the white to the black or black yellow wires would get about 8 OHMs with the key on the post. Tested the black yellow and white in the MPEM no voltage. I can press the start stop button as many times as I'd like and nothing turns on, no diagnostic mode, nothing. Is there a way to test power to the MPEM ? I get 13V out of the battery (Brand new battery). 13V at the starter relay, nothing on the selonoid to the starter. I am pretty sure the starter is bad also, when I jump the relay the motor does not crank, it does arc but no cranking. I can turn the motor by hand. Could my MPEM be shot ? Or is this a ground issue and I have not looked at something. I know they can go over time, the ski has been sitting for about 3 years, covered but outdoors. Just dont have the time to mess with it. I know there is a lot of testing of the wires that can be done. I am hoping this is more of a grounding issue. I have been collectively putting info together from a bunch of threads but everything I have read and tried has not worked. Most people at least get beeps or have an easy ground issue solution.

Thanks man ! That was my problem that little wire was on the wrong post as soon as I swapped them I got power. Now just to put a starter in. All it's doing right now is buzzing and when jumping the relay it does nothing.

If you have any other issues post them over at greenhulk in the 2 stroke seadoo section, my friend frequents that site and will gladly help ya

Thank you sir, I definitely will, I've replaced and ran into every possible issue with this ski over the years and I'm a newbie trying to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back