Depressurize Fuel System?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptroost

The fuel gauge in my 2003 Sportster 4-tec always reads full. I bought a new sending unit that attaches to the fuel pump and is located inside the tank. I also bought a service manual on CD ROM. According to the service manual, before you remove the fuel pump you're supposed to use "B.U.D.S." to depressurize the fuel system.

BUDS is the dealer-only software that connects to the engine through some type of proprietary interface. I know there are aftermarket systems you can buy to connect to the BUDS port that give you SOME features.

Questions:

1) Anyone remove the fuel pump WITHOUT using BUDS to first depressurize the system? What can I expect?

2) I assume the system will repressurize itself without BUDS interaction?

3) Anyone have an aftermarket engine management device that gives you the option to depressurize the fuel system?

Thanks!

I just unhooked my fuel hose a day ago.... got a little spray - just hold a rag around it when you pull it off and be sure to wear safety glasses.

The fuel gauge in my 2003 Sportster 4-tec always reads full. I bought a new sending unit that attaches to the fuel pump and is located inside the tank. I also bought a service manual on CD ROM. According to the service manual, before you remove the fuel pump you're supposed to use "B.U.D.S." to depressurize the fuel system.

BUDS is the dealer-only software that connects to the engine through some type of proprietary interface. I know there are aftermarket systems you can buy to connect to the BUDS port that give you SOME features.

Questions:

1) Anyone remove the fuel pump WITHOUT using BUDS to first depressurize the system? What can I expect?

2) I assume the system will repressurize itself without BUDS interaction?

3) Anyone have an aftermarket engine management device that gives you the option to depressurize the fuel system?

Thanks!

Buy it, and will have your own BUDS system. Now BUDS system can buy anyone, and with more features than are available for the dealer. http://www.diag-systems.com/shop/brp_buds_diagnostic_system

Do what brian said. No special tools necessary. System will repressurize itself. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back