Delete

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing it the way the manual says will cause a huge mess.

To do it the easy way pop the aribox off and let it slide down and out of the way. Get a small flexible hose and put it on the straw of the figging oil. IF you feel around you can feel the inlet of each carb, hold the flexible tube in the carb and start the ski. At idle squirt into the carb for a few seconds 5-10 and you will hear the engine bog down now repeat with the other carb and shut the engine off.
Remove both spark plugs and ground the wires on the electrical box tabs. Squirt fogging oil a couple seconds in each plug hole then bump the engine over one or two times to spread the oil in the cylinders. Replace the plugs and wires and you are done.

I have been doing it this way for years and it takes me less than 10 minutes from start to finish now.

Yes, I never run my skis on the hose and only ever would if I was flushing out salt water or sand. I also never beach my skis so sand in the cooling system isn't an issue.

Yes, I never run my skis on the hose and only ever would if I was flushing out salt water or sand. I also never beach my skis so sand in the cooling system isn't an issue.
Does fogging ruin the spark plugs? Should I expect to need a new set next time I want to use the ski? Should I have an old set to use while fogging and swap them out for the good set when going out riding? Maybe I'm overthinking this LOL. Also is there any special procedure for starting up next time with this fogging oil in the motor?

Fogging oil should not foul your plugs. I fog my skis after every ride because the 951 tends to build up moisture (condensation) in the cylinders (think there is a thread on this) and couldn't tell you the last time I changed spark plugs usually every spring but didn't do it this year.

There is a small fogging port on the air box that you can connect the fogging oil spray tube, but I personally don't use it as I like to actually see the oil being sprayed.

Yes, the 951 is notorious for moisture in the cylinders so it is recommended to fog after every ride. I fog mine at the end of every day even if I am riding the next day and have never had to replace the spark plugs although I do once a year.

Only the 2002 and newer 951 skis have the fogging port on the airbox. So for 1997-2001 you have to either drop the airbox or get a 2002 and newer airbox with the fogging port.

Fogging oil should not foul your plugs. I fog my skis after every ride because the 951 tends to build up moisture (condensation) in the cylinders (think there is a thread on this) and couldn't tell you the last time I changed spark plugs usually every spring but didn't do it this year.

There is a small fogging port on the air box that you can connect the fogging oil spray tube, but I personally don't use it as I like to actually see the oil being sprayed.
I don't like the hole that you attach the tube to either. How do you fog so you see it going in?

I drilled a small hole for my fogging oil hose to go into at the top of the air box. I have the 2000 millennium gtx. I just use a small plug when I'm done fogging.
I did remove the box before drilling. Since I ride in brackish water only, I flush after each use and fog. Houston is humid and don't need any issues. My plugs last all season also.

You can't just blindly spray fogging oil into the airbox. It has to go directly into the carb bores.
The 2002+ ones actually have a tube that connects to a spray-bar that directs it into each carb.

You can't just blindly spray fogging oil into the airbox. It has to go directly into the carb bores.
The 2002+ ones actually have a tube that connects to a spray-bar that directs it into each carb.
I use a rubber hose and can direct it into the carbs. I can assure you it oils the engine quite well. I also do the cylinders as mentioned.

I took off my air box. Drilled two holes directly over the carb inlets, and glued two pieces of Tygony hose into the holes. Then I put a T fitting on them and ran a length of tygon hose up to the exhaust manifold.

When I get done riding, I blow out the water in the water box. Then I put my fogging oil in the tygon hose and spray until it kills the engine. Adds 10 seconds to my shutdown. I fog after every ride.

Just thought you may want to give that a try. I’d rather spend 30 minutes getting it set up and have it be really easy after each ride.

Just my 2 cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back