Deciding Which Sea Doo to Buy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ToolTimeTim

My 2001 Sea-Doo GTX 4-TEC has served me well, but it's time for an upgrade. Currently trying to decide between the 2018 Sea-Doo SPARK TRIXX and the 2018 Sea-Doo SPARK. Anyone have any personal experience with either of these models? Or are there any other models I should be aware of? Thank you!

Attachments

• listing-1680099374_large.jpg
    listing-1680099374_large.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19
  • listing-522449636_large.jpg
    listing-522449636_large.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 19
I am not sure it is going to be an upgrade for you.

It depends on what you want it to do? Your 2001 is faster, more comfortable and heavier built.

The Spark really is an entry level ski.

If it is just going to be you on it screwing around and being silly then the Trixx would be the one to get but even then they only do about 45-50mph.

My spark hits 50 but I am on a smallerish lake so I dont need more than 50 mph. If I was going long distances in the intercoastal or ocean.............a spark would not be my choice

Definitely get the Trixx! Man are those things a helluva lot of fun! If you like to play around on the water and get wet then a Spark is definitely for you. The Sparks are great fun, but don't expect the longevity out of them that received from GTX 4-tec. Sparks are built to a price point and long term durability wasn't exactly high up on the list when they designed them. Great cheap fun though!

If the Trixx doesn't interest, then get a Yamaha EX series watercraft, much better built unit that will last.

Back