Custom Bimini for discontinued SeaDoo boats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 1998 Sea-Doo Speedster, 16’ red. If any of you out there own one of these or similar (year), then you know that they are a super fun toy but have become nearly impossible to source certain parts (especially non-engine related) for. That is why I wanted to share as publicly as I can my experience with a company called Axess Group (Le Groupe Axess - based out of Quebec Canada). Specifically the service I received from Ian Lafontaine when purchasing a custom made Bimini.

I bought this boat used last year and it didn’t have one. I looked around everywhere for an OEM replacement but came up goose eggs. Then someone on this forum from a few years back had mentioned this place. I reached out to them this year, and what they provided shipped to my door fits my boat so perfectly you would never know it wasn’t OEM! It even has little bends in the posts at the perfect spot for when folded, so that it sits properly around the back engine cover.

I’m willing to bet it’s made of higher quality materials too. On our first weekend out we hit some serious winds and this thing didn’t budge.

Honestly I wish there were more companies out there like this. I’d kill for some rear-seat arm-rest / compartment covers - another mission I guess!

Here’s some pics:
IMG_4420.JPG
IMG_4418.JPG

Do you happen to know if they have just the Bimini replacement canvas and sock without the frame or hardware? It’s a 3 bow.
I’ve got a 97 challenger 1800, and just want to change the color from green to gray.
BTW nice boat and good touch on the Bimini... makes all the difference!

I just bought the same boat and have sent an email to Ian to get the exact same bimini as you. Do they provide instructions as to the location of the mountings of the bimini?

Looks nice and all, and nice boat, too, but ya'll do realize that you can buy bimini's anywhere from ebay to manufacturer sites for anywhere from $100 to almost infinity, right? You don't HAVE to have a Sea-Doo brand, or even Sae-Doo copy, to get one that works. I personally bought one on eBay for $200 shipped and love it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back