Corrosion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevouille

image.jpg
Hi everyone,

I own a 2011 GTI 130 SE.
I ride my ski in salted water, and this is how my motor looks like after a day... (See attachment) did anyone have a solution for that? I clean it every time with some anti corrosion spray, but it's always the same...
Thanks for your help!

Steve

https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Away-Pr...TF8&qid=1464831289&sr=8-1&keywords=salt+a+way

I run my ski in ONLY brackish water/saltwater. It has never seen fresh water and neither has my boat. I bought this product to begin with and now, just buy Salt-A-Way by the gallon jug. NOTHING else will keep corrosion off your watercraft like this does. Also, using a good corrosion inhibitor on your metals will help, but nothing helps like Salt-A-Way.

I use quick disconnects on my outboard on the boat, all over the boat and on my Ski. Makes things much easier. I use the brass ones that can be found at any retailer.

I am NOT a paid shill or sponsor. Just been using this stuff for years. It works. Period.

Thanks for your reply Hawk388! I will try that..
I have the feeling that there's a leak or something though, I own also a Spark and this never happens on it.

salt away for sure, i've used it for years....and I ride brackish every weekend, my engine still looks like it just came out of the crate. In December when I sold my 04 honda R12 with 200 hours the buyer took the seat off and asked me when I put the new engine in, I LOL'd and I handed him a can of crc and said "comes free with the ski"

what i'd do is take a tooth brush and a toilet brush (buy new) spray that down heavy with salwaway or crc656, let it sit for a few than start scrubbing. get as much of that crap of as you can, then spray it down a 2nd time & repeat. Coat it a 3rd time, then go ride. Then look carefully, maybe you do have a leak.

Saltaway (every flush) crc656 every other ride, fluid film 6X a year are regular parts of my post ride clean up process and my engines look brand new.

Thanks for your post! Indeed I do that every time I go out... The picture I posted was after a day ride only! It's weird that it's that bad every time though...

i'm guessing the corrosion/buildup is still there, just harder to see when its wet? you need to scrub that off, might even need a wire brush for that... or some limeaway?

I've NEVER seen that amount of crap collect in one ride, that's like 2 seasons of buildup IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man, it's like that every time... I brush it, clean it every time I'm done with it... I was hoping hat someone had the same issue but so far I'm the only case...

Yeah man, it's like that every time... I brush it, clean it every time I'm done with it... I was hoping hat someone had the same issue but so far I'm the only case...

that just doesnt' make sense....

next ride, take the seat off when idiling (just slide it back a little bit) and see if see some water squirting out.

Can you take a pic of the complete engine bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back