Cooling System Tuning, quest for knowledge. (not hard-jetting)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have rebuilt a GSXL (5629) and a (5845) snd i was wondering if anyone knew the effects of routing one of them like a 1997.5 GSXL (5625) would produce altered (beneficial) performance. Wether that means reliability or stabilized hole-shot cooling for B/stinger and so on…

This idea would be applied to a black b/stinger rather than the white that normally runs that cooling system.

Opinions are cool and welcome but i am really hoping for some experience/ knowledge about this one.

Ive added both schematics so no one has to dig around

Thanks and Cheers!

Attachments

• 47AFDA4B-B338-4A62-AB64-5B9F861122D0.jpeg
    47AFDA4B-B338-4A62-AB64-5B9F861122D0.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 421D5CFC-39D9-408A-8547-8CA36D257940.jpeg
    421D5CFC-39D9-408A-8547-8CA36D257940.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 4
No. The 1997.5 had a lot of issues that Seadoo finally got right.

No performance to be had by changing the cooling but it could lead to overheating.

Do you have any knowledge about why 98 gsxl routes to the head-pipe then cylinders and the 99 routes cylinders then headpipe? Im reading a lot of speculation regarding shocking cylinders with cold water first versus warm water from the headpipe jackets. running a hotter tuned pipe for performance by warming it in the cylinders/head would achieve that. No?
No. The 1997.5 had a lot of issues that Seadoo finally got right.

No performance to be had by changing the cooling but it could lead to overheating.

I’m not really sure why Seadoo made the change. I know almost every other brand runs water to the exhaust manifold first. This isn’t to preheat the water or prevent shock, it is just that the exhaust manifold sees the highest temperatures in the system so they try to cool it first with the coolest water flow.

I know the 951’s suffered from detonation and higher head temperatures so they might have been trying to get cooler water to the head first to lower the combustion chamber temperatures and reduce this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back