Coolant dripping from back drain valve.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonydiato

I just noticed that my coolant is leaking from the back drain valve and I did tighten it, but it still has a slow drip. Is there a seal that could have gone bad behind this screw (Valve)? I did not drain the coolant. I noticed that the coolant just was low and noticed the slow leak.

I just noticed that my coolant is leaking from the back drain valve and I did tighten it, but it still has a slow drip. Is there a seal that could have gone bad behind this screw (Valve)? I did not drain the coolant. I noticed that the coolant just was low and noticed the slow leak.
Pull it out and put on some Teflon compound or tape on the treads, then reinstall.

Also check for cracks. Your Ohio area has some hard freezes, no? When was the last time you changed the coolant? Need to change every two to three years. Your area needs 50/50 antifreeze to distilled water.

Ohio had some MAJOR freezes this season. I am very glad winter is over.

A note on antifreeze,,, in reality antifreeze can test good for many years. It can easily go 15 years and still test good for freeze protection.

What you lose over time is the lubricant and anti-rust properties. So every three years is a good time line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the anti-corrosion because of the aluminum, the coolant needs to be changed. But if the coolant has been diluted over the years, it will not protect against freezing.

If I remember correctly there is a small rubber o-ring on the coolant plug/screw so that may need replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back