Coolant Change for 2007 Wake 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Titaniumboy

So life got in the way and the original coolant is still in my 2007 Wake 215. In fact the ski has not been in the water since 2015. That said, the coolant actually looks brand new still. After installing a new battery and replacing all the gas with new gas, I did a test bump just to see if things would even move. To my great shock, the ski started up on the second test bump. I quickly killed the engine since I was not on a hose yet.

I got a second shock when I went to price out BRP pre-mix coolant. $15-$17 per quart? And I need 5 quarts?? I never dreamed it would cost $75-$80 for a coolant change.

Any other coolant options? Or is the BRP coolant still the way to go?

Thanks for all the help.

I found Recochem OEM Orange 1 50/50 Premix for $23.95 at Amazon. I would need two of these for a total of $47.90.

I ended up buying the Recochem OEM Orange 1 Concentrate for $26.93 on eBay. I will only need one of these, and will still have about one quart left over. I need to buy some distilled water, but that won’t cost very much.

The Recochem OEM Concentrate ends up being a very economical way to change my 4-Tec coolant.

The coolant will not arrive until June 10, so I have to wait until then to change from being green to being orange.

I am in the process of draining the 11 year old (but still pristine looking) green coolant. I have run two gallons total so far of distilled water through the coolant overflow bottle, putting about two quarts of distilled in at a time and then draining.

By now the draining coolant stream is running pretty clear, and there is just a slight green tinge in the catch pan.

Since I am changing to the Recochem Orange, have I diluted the old green coolant enough? Or is the remnant of green coolant left in the engine going to be a problem?

If recommended, I could fill the coolant back up to full with distilled water and then run the ski on the hose until the thermostat opens. That should get most of the remaining green coolant out of the engine block?

If you take the hose off of the oil cooler that runs to the end of the pump it will drain it almost completely , but yes you could fill it with clear water and run it for a while, but not on the hose as the carbon seal won't get any cooling, run it on the water, you probably can't get the engine hot enough out of the water.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea of pulling that hose off. I assume that would drain the remaining coolant into the hull?

I wonder if it even necessary to go after this remaining coolant while changing from Seadoo green coolant to Recochem orange coolant?

Putting it in the water just to get the engine up to temp involves a round trip of over 2 hours, so not really practical right now.

So my options at this point are 1) call what I’ve done good enough, or 2) pull the oil cooler hose off. I haven’t found that oil cooler or hose yet.

9A8384D6-F7CE-49B0-9847-C655E7A73CBB.jpeg

The gallon jug on the right is the original coolant that I drained. The gallon jug in the middle and on the left is the result of running 2 gallons of distilled water through the cooling system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back