Concerned

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TerryW001

I'm new to PWC and recently bought a new Spark HO900 last fall and store it in the shed, about every two months I would start it to keep it lube and to do a battery check. Of course I hook the hose up when I ran it and never went over 2 mins with it. The first time the engine ran sweet and smooth. the second time two months later (with water running) I notice a vibration in the engine and not running smooth specially between 2500 to 6000 rpm's, I got a High Temp alarm and shut it down immediately!.. when I shut the machine off a small amount of white smoky vapor is coming out the back of the machine. Did I do damage to the engine already?

Hopefully you started the engine first then turned on the water . Then you shut the water off then you cut the engine . I hope you are doing it in that order if not you will hydrolock the engine

Also not sure if you plug your exhaust but critters or nest material could get up in there and back stuff up or set off the alarm if it can't flow freely

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I definitely started the engine first then turned on the water, and in reverse turning off the water and then shutting the Spark off. I'm thinking with a almost empty tank and it sitting there all winter the fuel may be getting old? My antifreeze level did drop about 1/2 inch in the reservoir, not for sure if this is any indicator of a issue?

Yes, I definitely started the engine first then turned on the water, and in reverse turning off the water and then shutting the Spark off. I'm thinking with a almost empty tank and it sitting there all winter the fuel may be getting old? My antifreeze level did drop about 1/2 inch in the reservoir, not for sure if this is any indicator of a issue?

please do not remove the spark plugs, it's a brand new ski, have you water tested it? also, put fresh gas, I only use 93, I know I can use 87, but it's only 7.9 gallons, literally 90 cents more, so go for it.. let's us know :) you should be fine, it's spanking brand new mine did that so don't worry have fun..

Why not remove the spark plugs? The smoke from the exhaust could be steam. When it was running on the hose was water coming out from the exhaust/jetpump?

Why not remove the spark plugs? The smoke from the exhaust could be steam. When it was running on the hose was water coming out from the exhaust/jetpump?

he would have to remove the top.. seems unnecessary being so new

I agree with [MENTION=28488]cheappc[/MENTION] Try some good gas and go for a ride and see before you tear into it!

I took it out for the first time last weekend and put fresh gas in the tank.....Ran awesome!!! Sparks are a great value for what they're charging for them!

Back