compression

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beto1

Does anybody know the compression nubers for a 2002 GTI LE? It currently has 95 pounds per cylinder,is that good or bad?

it sounds very low to me for a 2 cycle but if it is a 4 cycle it would allso be low but would probly run with poor performance. but I could be wrong. good luck.

Hi BETO1,
That compression is not very good. The 02 GTI LE has a 717 engine and the compression should be around 150 PSI. You state that both cylinders read the same. You need to make sure that your compression gauge is accurate and the 95 PSI is real. If the reading is correct it is a sign of a engine that's got alot of hours on it. The 02 GTI LE was used alot by the rental businesses and if the ski is a ex-rental it would explain the low compression reading.
Good luck, DAWG

It's a good thing that both cylinders are the same, but they should be higher psi than 95 I'd do as Dawg suggested, and check the compression guage. Be sure to use a screw in type and not the type you hold over the plug hole to get a reading.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back