Complete newb about to spend $$$$$

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wb2k

Hey everyone,

Looking for some advice/help from you guys, as I am about to make my 1st seadoo purchase.

As the title says, I'm a complete newb, but now that I live lakefront, it makes perfect sense to buy a seadoo and hit the water.

Having said that, it so happens that a friend of mine is selling his seadoo. I spoke to him and I am about to make a move here but 1st ... I wanted to hear it from you ... the good, the bad, anything I should know about the following deal:

2005 SEADOO RXP 215
MODIFICATIONS: RIVA STAGE 3 KIT FOR SEADOO RXP -- ET140R SUPERCHARGER -- JIM'S MODIFIED CLOSED LOOP PLATE.

$$$Price$$$

Ok so WITH the above mods, he is asking for $9,000.
WITHOUT the above mods, he is asking for $6,000.

Now don't get me wrong, this is my friend, and there is certain trust there, but at the same time I want to hear unbiased advice.

He does claim he got a new engine for it this year and paid $3,000 for it. Also claims the battery is new. ( I haven't found out how new yet ) He also let me know top speed on this is 85 miles ...

These are all the details I can think of at the moment ...

Any feedback here is appreciated before I make a purchase.

Thanks for helping the newb !!!

It's rated a 2seater..eh..better a single really. All those ponies...hmm..There better be a longer list of goodies than that. A stage 3 w/that wheel and a plate...hmm...too much boost w/o more regulated fuel...a valve train upgrade...ecu...to name just a few.

So...assuming he does have all the rest of the go fast goodies to make the motor work properly...it's a flat water speed demon...or maybe some closed course action. You ready for that? Won't handle rough water fer sht at high speed. But...if you are ready for all the power(if it is there correctly)...it'd be a blast to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back