Comparing RXP ride to Rx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatrboy

I have a 2000 RX and love it But..... In a small chop I tend to get quite wet. I'm no lightweight but I ride with others who seem not to take so much water over the bow.

I was looking at an older (2005) RXP project which is supercharged and wonder how the ride on that ski would compare to my rx. Would it handle small waves without jumping out of the water? I notice when I pass no-wake zones on the river my rx bow often dives slightly under the water. Does the RXP sit any higher?

The RXP is heavier by two hundred pounds which makes me think it will ride better and it's rated for a higher passenger load as well.

I was looking for some input from RXP owners here.

Thanks,

Mark

I've had both. The rxp is a bigger and heavier boat. It is the closest for its year to driving like an RX but certainly not the same. Its ride and dryness is on par with a GTX from your RX's era. The other side of it is the RXP makes the rx feel like a wimp when you hit the throttle. Not quite as easy to toss around but dryer and much more powerful.

I've had both. The rxp is a bigger and heavier boat. It is the closest for its year to driving like an RX but certainly not the same. Its ride and dryness is on par with a GTX from your RX's era. The other side of it is the RXP makes the rx feel like a wimp when you hit the throttle. Not quite as easy to toss around but dryer and much more powerful.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m no kid so I don’t throw the RX around so I was in fact looking for a better, smoother ride. I do enjoy speed though as I never had to say “this has way too much horsepower” :)

Update - the RXP was too rough even for me to make a lowball offer .
I ended up buying a 2005 GTX 4-tec (non-supercharged). I am hoping for a much better ride but don't expect it to be as fast as my RX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back