Clarification on Oil capacity of 05 Speedster 200 Engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davo070

Just been reading the maual for the 2005 Speedster 200 Engine (twin SC) and it states:
Oil Capacity: 3L (3.2 US Quarts) for oil change with filter
4.5L (4.8 US Quarts) total

Dont mean to seem dumb but what does that 'Total' mean?? That when I suck out the oil from the dipstick hole there will still be 1.5 litres of oil in the engine somewhere?

Was planning on ordering 7L of oil from the dealers to do my oil change on the 2 engines and have a little spare, or do I need to be ordering 9L plus some spare?

Also, another dumb question, I dont have the boat with me at present as its in the dealership getting the tower replaced but I was going to order some new spark plugs to throw in their too, as they have not been changed for 2 years, looking at the manual I assume I need 6? Correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
yep 3 per engine on the spark plugs, 6 total . Yes 7 Q's should be fine. I have an 08 that calls for the same amount . It easily used about 3 1/2 on each side . All said and done when I ran it and it was level it was dead on between the marks.

Not to get into it but the Seadoo oil is overpriced IMO. There are plenty of other options and it will generate plenty of opinion just about everywhere you search. I've used Mobil 1 4T motorcycle oil and recently went to Rotella T6 syn. I had the dealer do the 10 hour service and since then I've done all my own maintenance as it's "out" of the standard warranty.

I agree its overpriced for sure but I read somewhere that its 'highly' recommended for the supercharged engines as the oil lubricates the engine and the supercharger too

just be careful....getting all of the oil out of the engine is a bit difficult....what I did was I put in the same amount of new oil to what I sucked out. You will need to turn the engine over a few times to get as much out as possible. Also make sure you replace the "O" rings for both oil filters.

Oil change

just be careful....getting all of the oil out of the engine is a bit difficult....what I did was I put in the same amount of new oil to what I sucked out. You will need to turn the engine over a few times to get as much out as possible. Also make sure you replace the "O" rings for both oil filters.

Yeah I read that, putting the engine in 'drowned mode' is it as simple as putting the throttle to max (or holding open the throttle body) and cranking the engine a few times?

Yeah I read that, putting the engine in 'drowned mode' is it as simple as putting the throttle to max (or holding open the throttle body) and cranking the engine a few times?

yup...that's about it....but just make sure you pull the spark plug wires on #2 engine because it will start even with the shifter in the forward position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back