Chris' New 2015 RXT-X 260 Sea-Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ftDeep

Chris finally splurged and bought a brand-spanking new 2015 RXT-X 260 Sea-Doo with S3 hull! It's a bit yellow, but we love it anyway.

If you like our videos, please Subscribe! (a thumbs up would be nice, too)

https://youtu.be/MAWNvg2sSfM

Thanks Guys.

It's amazing what a difference the S3 hull and 75hp does to the ride :thumbsup:

Obligatory pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Thanks Guys.

It's amazing what a difference the S3 hull and 75hp does to the ride :thumbsup:

Obligatory pic.

It really does.. let us know when you get the itch to go even faster ;) :cheers:

This is a random pic from the internet which shows the available tunes for this particular VIN being programmed how can I get this list for my model and what do these numbers mean ? It would be nice to have a description of each available tune.

"Stock file No Speed Lim" Does this remove the boost limiter as well as speed, stock rpm ?
"48 8250 35 34 101" I'm assuming 48lb injectors 8250 rpm, what do the other numbers mean ?
"48 8375 35 34-50rpm" Assuming 48lb injectors 8375 rpm, what do the other numbers mean ?

VT11 tunes I'm assuming require the Vtech 1100 injectors ?

Essentially the Maptuner X is just an interface device what your are really purchasing is access to the different tunes but getting info on what's available for each model and what each tune does is not easy.

Attachments

• v-tech tunes.JPG
    v-tech tunes.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
VT11 is the 1100C VTech injectors.

It goes injector size, RPM limit, fuel value (not listed there), ignition angle mid, ignition angle top, throttle response setting (AGR for aggressive throttle, NOR for slightly more aggressive than stock), then file version (101 for the first revision, then on up if it is revised).

The filenames are written in a special way so you will understand what features they have.
Example

48 8500 169 35 35 AGR 101

48: Size of injectors (VT11 IS 1100 CC VTECH)
8500 = RPM limiter setting
169 = Fuel value, larger value is more fuel
35 = Ignition angle mid range
35 = Ignition angle top range
AGR= Agressive throttle response ( NOR = Normal but still more the stock)
101 = Version of the file, Higher number is newer version

Select a map that is the best for your setup.

The filenames are written in a special way so you will understand what features they have.
Example

48 8500 169 35 35 AGR 101

48: Size of injectors (VT11 IS 1100 CC VTECH)
8500 = RPM limiter setting
169 = Fuel value, larger value is more fuel
35 = Ignition angle mid range
35 = Ignition angle top range
AGR= Agressive throttle response ( NOR = Normal but still more the stock)
101 = Version of the file, Higher number is newer version

Select a map that is the best for your setup.

So if a tune does not have AGR or NOR after it then it uses the stock throttle response settings ?

Is it recommended or required to do any valve train upgrades to run an 8250 or 8350 tune ?

I'm thinking stock tune with no limiters to start then maybe an 8250 tune depending on valve train requirements.

Do you know this info from product familiarity or is it spelled out somewhere ?

Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back