Charging issues 05 GTI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim1847

Hi, I have a 2005 GTI 717. The battery is not holding a charge. The battery isn’t the issue as I have replaced it and had it tested. I’m thinking it’s the rectifier as the stator was replaced last year. Has anyone had this issue and found out it was a bad rectifier? Also having a hard time searching manuels for the location.....photo attached is what I believe is rectifier but I could be way off

Attachments

• 6EC66218-2CAD-4041-A1E2-5A444C88F901.jpeg
    6EC66218-2CAD-4041-A1E2-5A444C88F901.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3
Rectifiers are common failure points. What is the voltage at idle and with the ski revving? Google seadoo manuals and the first hit will take you to a service manual for your ski with testing instructions.

Thanks, replaced rectifier and tested with meter, getting the same reading around 3500 RPM’s as it is running idle so that would rule out a bad rectifier. During this test I was having a hard time keeping the engine running. Sounded like it was flooded and backfiring before stalling. Only having the problem keeping it running when I turn on the water (hose inlet). Someone suggested the flywheel might be the cause of this problem. I‘m trying hard not to get rid of this and don’t mind getting hands dirty. Any other input/advice would be helpful. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back