Challenger 1800 Engine Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlash

Alright fellas, I bought a 99 seadoo challenger 1800 with the twin Rotax 787’s. Both engines start and run. The problem is with the right engine. It takes a little longer to start, and when it does it doesn’t have enough power to get the boat on plane like the left engine does, and the tack is showing 1.5k less than the left. It has good compression. I installed new spark plugs, new fuel pump, took the carburetors off the engine and rebuilt them. Any help would be appreciated, like I said both engines run, but the right engine just doesn’t have the same amount of power as the left.

Ok, you rebuilt the carbs. Where did you get the kits? What did you replace inside them? Good compression, what did you get? Did you clean your rave valves? Is the water control valve dribbling water on the water box while it's running? What fuel pump did you use? When you removed the carbs did you remove the cables by unthreading the nuts on the cable, if so did you go back over and try readjusting those to try and sync those?

Ok, you rebuilt the carbs. Where did you get the kits? What did you replace inside them? Good compression, what did you get? Did you clean your rave valves? Is the water control valve dribbling water on the water box while it's running? What fuel pump did you use? When you removed the carbs did you remove the cables by unthreading the nuts on the cable, if so did you go back over and try readjusting those to try and sync those?

hello thank you for the reply. I bought Mikuni brand rebuilt kits from Bay Area powersports and confirmed they were the correct kits for my engine. Replaced all the parts as directed. For the engine compression, I had dropped it off at to a mechanic that was supposed to fix my issue for me. He said I “had good compression” didn’t say exactly what it was. The next time I heard from him he said he had came down with COVID-19, and that I needed to pick up the boat. So I guess I’m on my own. I replaced the fuel pump with an OEM part. I did pull and clean the rave valves, they didn’t really look bad. I took great care of marking the cables on the carbs to ensure I was putting it back the same as what it looked like before I pulled them. Not saying this couldn’t be a contributing factor, but it should be the same as it was before I rebuilt the carbs. Where is the water control valve? I don’t think I checked it yet. Again, any help would be great, this is our last summer in Florida before I PCS and I’m hoping to get the family on the water before we have to leave and probably have to get rid of the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back