Carburetor adjustment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubone

Hi all
Trying to get a 95 spx running and have a few questions.
Just rebuilt the twin carbs, and the motor ideals fine. Has trouble getting up to speed. If I quickly pull the choke the engine will get up to full speed. Is this caused by a bad needle and seat ?
Installed are the old 1.2 needles pop of is around 30. I have two new 2.0 needles and seats, can I replace the old 1.2 with 2.0 and if so what ELH do I have to change ?

Thanks

No. You have to use the correct needles and seats.

What rebuild kits did you use?

It was just a basic Sea-Doo seal kit. Did not include the needles. I had two new ones that I never used from a different project.
I just recheck high and low needle settings , they were off a small amount , new plugs no real change.
Idles great, zero to 1/4” throttle seems fine. About that I have to quickly take choke then it takes off great. Slow down very bad response , sometimes recovers of not take choke again and it off running again?????

If you didn’t use a genuine Mikuni carb kit and the correct Mikuni needles and seats, that’s your issue. Either do it correctly or you’ll be chasing your tail all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back