Carb rebuild kit number

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to check to make sure I get everything in one shot for fuel system rebuild.
Carb kit
Fuel selector
Fuel line
New o-ring and filter
Carb cleaner

Do I need to replace the needle and seat?

Yes, needle and seat too, don't use the springs in the kits, also new carb base gaskets and I would do the oil filter and small 3/32" oil lines when you have the carbs off. I spend an extra $5 and buy the entire fuel strainer instead of the filter and o-ring.

Aslo only OEM parts for your list above.

I am going to rebuild the carb on a 1997 GS and replace the fuel lines. Right now the ski feels like it runs out of gas at full throttle. Need some help with what part number rebuild kit to get, I know to use only Mikuni kits.

OSD Back To OEM Sea Doo Single Carb Rebuild Kit (1997 717) [OSD1276] - $74.99
Or
OSD Back To OEM Sea Doo Single Carb Rebuild Kit (Some 1997-2002 717) [OSD1275] - $74.99

Will get selector switch also.

Those are OSD kits..not OEM. OSD stands for "aftermarket". Need ones that say OEM.

Look at this on eBay
Oem Genuine Mikuni-SBN Carb Rebuild Kit 38-44-46 Wave-Runner Super-Jetski Seadoo | eBay

OSD kit comes with base gasket and 1.5 needle. Will 25 ft of fuel line be enough to do the whole ski? Not sure if I am doing oil system, working on ski for a friend.

Yes 25’ is enough. If nothing else at least replace the small 3/32” hoses from the pump to the intake manifold, they have killed many engines.

When replacing the lines, How do you get the oil through the lines and into the cylinders quickly... without removing the pump and priming? I was thinking of using my nifty new fuel bottle with premix till the lines got primed.

When replacing the lines, How do you get the oil through the lines and into the cylinders quickly... without removing the pump and priming? I was thinking of using my nifty new fuel bottle with premix till the lines got primed.

At idle the engine requires almost no oil. People get too stressed out about this "priming" the oil lines as there is plenty of residual oil in the crankcase to prime them. If it makes you feel better put a 1/2 cap of 2-stroke oil down each carb then make sure you open the bleed screw on the oil pump to bleed air out of the pump and lines then tighten the screw. Next start the engine and hold the oil pump arm wide open and watch the oil pump through the small lines, when the ski starts smoking like crazy the lines are primed. Should only take 15-20 seconds.

Should I use the spring that comes with the OSD kit or just reuse my old one? I guess I can try both to check what the pop off pressure is too.

You never know what spring is in there or if someone replaced it and with what. If you look on the carb rebuild thread you'll see the color the spring should be.

Parts should be here tomorow, everything is cleaned and ready for reassembly. What spring is supposed to be in the 97 GS? The one in it looks to be a gold/ brown color. I don't know if this carb was apart before or not, friend just purchased it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back