Carb pop off advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jl93221

Hi new here but have gotten a lot of good information from this place. I just got a 96 xp and am replacing grey fuel lines and rebuilding carbs using osd back to oem kit. It looks like they may have been gone through before. They had a silver spring in them. When I test it with that pop off psi was 29. When I put the black spring in that came with kit pop off psi was 35. They are both within spec. Which one should I use?

Mine run better at 35psi Pop-off. I've tried 23, 27, 29, 33. LOL My skis like leaner and they are still a little rich.

Last edited:
Hi new here but have gotten a lot of good information from this place. I just got a 96 xp and am replacing grey fuel lines and rebuilding carbs using osd back to oem kit. It looks like they may have been gone through before. They had a silver spring in them. When I test it with that pop off psi was 29. When I put the black spring in that came with kit pop off psi was 35. They are both within spec. Which one should I use?

Both of my 787 skis the carbs were getting 34-35 psi pop off when I rebuilt them using the black 80 gram spring, that's stock. Both of my run well, lows are set at 1 turn out.

Use the black spring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back